Pages

Friday, October 1, 2021

Life without dad and MOM

 My dad was my inspiration for this blog. His love of photography, memories and family are my daily inspiration. Loosing my dad in 2006, at age 63, was heartbreaking. I knew his love, his passion would live in me and I could carry it forward, for both of us. I try, daily, to carry it for us. When my camera is in my hand, whether I am photographing vacations, grandchildren, family gatherings, I take pictures. Many, many pictures. I thrive on capturing and savoring those special moments. I guess you could say, I am obsessed with capturing those moments to a tee. Maybe, some would say, I take about 4-5 pictures to every 1 picture others take. I am okay with that. I know that would be dad too!  Since this blog started, with my dad’s legacy in mind, I have lost the 2 aunts who helped me stay connected to genealogy and my family heritage, on both sides. And worst of all, I lost my mom. Just this past April, almost 15 years after losing my dad. I am grasping for my meaning, my purpose, my moving forward, my future-without both of them. I know they would want me to be happy, to thrive, to live. I know they are with me. I know they loved me. I know this and yet…. I miss them. I miss what I took for granted. That they were there. Whether good times, or times I just did what my mom wanted to please her, I took for granted that tomorrow would be there. At least for longer than it was. While I try not to have regrets, I have moments of missing them and wondering what life would be if I could have had both of them longer than I did. I will try my best, to live, love, remember and make sure Norah, Ben, Claire and Addy, and our not yet born grandchildren, know who my mom and dad were. Their love for family, their dedication to their life, passion, children, grandchildren….. will be remembered. This is how I can make they and I will never forget! Love you dad and mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment