Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

DAD

My dad owned a camera store for 43 years. It was the love of his life. He died at an all too young age of 63 in 2006.  My dad sold cameras, taught his customers how to use their cameras and then printed their pictures right in his store. He had a passion for his work, he loved to chat with his repeat customers and always felt like he had been on their many vacations and saw more places than he could possibly see without leaving his store.  I have spent most of my life taking more pictures than most people, worked with my dad at his camera store, along with my older brother, scrapbooked many memories and have told people "I was born with a camera in my hand".  I miss my dad and I can't stop feeling I want to continue his legacy in some small way. Now with the advanced technologies of digital photography I have been doing my own printing from home and always feel his presence when I am at my computer. It's only recently that I have been encouraged to share my story and begin to explore my options. Dad, I wish you were here (though I know you are spiritually) to watch the possibilities unfold. I long for your love of photography to live through me. I love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment